Improve Business Insight with Noetix and Oracle Release 12 Subledger Accounting
As the core of Oracle E-Business Suite financials, subledger accounting (SLA) contains highly valuable information that, if unlocked, would tremendously benefit organizations. SLA is the rules-based engine that drives the accounting entries for all subledger transaction applications in R12. For the first time, all of your transaction and associated accounting data is linked in a single place.
While the standard functionality from Oracle supports basic account analysis from the general ledger (GL) and the ability to look at subledger accounting journal lines and source transactions, users can only look at one code combination at a time in the GL and they can only look at SLA journal lines and source transactions for one transaction event at a time – Oracle provides no central reporting capability across Oracle Subledger Accounting.
The heart of the NoetixViews solution is a “hub” view for unbounded, yet secure access to the journal lines within SLA. ‘Unbounded’ because the transactions from all the subledger applications are accessible in a single report. ‘Secure’ because row-level security in NoetixViews assures users only see the same data that they have access to within E-Business Suite.
NoetixViews for Subledger Accounting
NoetixViews features include:
- An integrated set of views providing robust coverage for your end-to-end accounting data, anchored by a powerful ‘hub’ view for retrieving any set of SLA journals
- Pre-built report templates, or ‘Answers’ for instant reporting
- Enforcement of Oracle E-Business Suite security controls, including Data Access Set, Flexfield Security Rules and Multi-Org Access Control security.
- Integration with Noetix Search and Noetix Generator for the most complete operational reporting solution for Oracle
- Customize and extend the views with NoetixViews Workbench to address your unique needs not met out-of-the-box
NoetixViews benefits include:
- Access all your General Ledger and SLA data in real time for time-critical financial period close reporting
- Provide new insights to critical business processes, such as procure-to-pay and order-to-cash, or any group of transactions tailored to your unique requirements
- Remove barriers for cost center managers from accessing all the expense and revenue transactions from all subledger applications that hit their department, giving them the unprecedented ability to address exceptions and uncover inefficiencies.
- Apply the structure of accounting hierarchies to non Financial Statement Generator (FSG) reports, and thereby replace the overhead and rigidity of FSGs with the power, speed, and flexibility of the leading BI platforms, such as OBI EE.
Just like the Create Accounting process takes subledger application transaction events and turns them into journal lines in SLA, the NoetixViews solution includes subledger transaction views for Oracle Payables, Receivables, Assets, Purchasing, Projects, Inventory, Work in Process, and Process Manufacturing Costing which links transactions from the subledger applications to the hub view so it’s easy to see your transactions and their associated accounting details.
Further, just as the GL Posting process takes the SLA journal lines and turns them into GL journal lines and updated account balances, the NoetixViews solution includes views for GL journal lines and balances. The GL views are also linked to the hub view so it’s easy to associate your GL data with its source SLA journal lines and vice versa.
This end-to-end linkage of data, unconstrained by the boundaries of the Oracle applications is the basis for unlimited reporting scenarios.