This course introduces students to NoetixViews and the corresponding reporting objects for use with Oracle Discoverer. Designed for business professionals who need to develop reports for Oracle E-Business, this training presents the baseline standards for report development. The skills received are easily implemented by those who may not have an in-depth knowledge of the complex underlying Oracle architecture.
An advanced training course is also available and presents the intermediate and advanced features of Oracle Discoverer to business analysts and professionals who want to better understand the powerful analytical query capabilities available through NoetixViews and desire further competency in developing custom reports.
Who Should Attend
Business analysts and related professionals, including system analysts, programmers and report developers who are unfamiliar with NoetixViews and their use with Oracle Discoverer.
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn basic report development practices with instruction on how to use NoetixViews and the Noetix Help File with Oracle Discoverer. You’ll also learn how to use Oracle Discoverer to open and execute reports based on configuration specific NoetixViews, and customize reports by managing simple calculations and conditional filters to answer meaningful business questions.
Key Learnings include:
- Introduction to Noetix reporting
- Introduction to Oracle Discoverer
- Execute and modify existing workbooks
- Manage workbooks and worksheets
- Discoverer tools (i.e. Desktop, Web Discoverer, Viewer, and Administrator)
- Discoverer Terminology
- Open and execute a workbook with a TABLE layout worksheet
- Use the Tools/Options dialog window (General, Query Governor, Layout and Format tab pages, etc.)
- Define current worksheet title
- Use worksheet wizard to manage the layout, conditions, sorts and calculations
- Customize column format, font and background properties
- Open and execute a workbook with a CROSSTAB layout worksheet
- Analyze data using page, top and side axis items
- Manage sorts in crosstab report
- Save workbooks to files or database
- Share workbooks with others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications
- Basic familiarity with Oracle E-Business Suite or the data stored therein
- Basic understanding of SQL (optional)