Learn to Customize and Extend NoetixViews for Complex Reporting Requirements
In this course, students will learn how to use NoetixViews Workbench to manage customizations to Noetix views. Students will gain the skills required to re-engineer business views to meet specific reporting needs, while ensuring that the changes made are supported and protected through future application upgrades.
The course is primarily delivered through our virtual classroom and takes you step-by-step through the Workbench features, progressing from the most common types of customizations and operations through to less frequently used, but equally important, types of changes. You play the role of a Noetix Developer in a fictitious company where reporting requirements change regularly. You learn not just how to modify views, but also how to manage changes across multiple NoetixViews environments.
Who Should Attend
Noetix Administrators and related professionals, including Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, and Database Administrators. NoetixViews Workbench is designed to be used by individuals who understand your organization’s NoetixViews customization requirements, the Oracle Database, Oracle E-Business Suite terminology, and how to write scripts using SQL and PL/SQL.
What You Will Learn
This course teaches students how to use NoetixViews Workbench to modify existing views and to add custom views to the Noetix framework. Attendees learn about the underlying NoetixViews schema and how to add, modify or suppress columns, tables and/or WHERE clauses. Students also learn how to work with packages of customizations, including how to manage packages across multiple NoetixViews environments.
You get two weeks of unlimited access to a personal, dedicated, cloud-based training environment which includes:
- Underlying infrastructure and access to all components of NoetixViews, NoetixViews Workbench and Oracle E-Business Suite required to complete the course.
- A Training Center application that prepares the environment for each exercise and validates the successful execution of each exercise.
- A second ‘solution’ environment to enable you to see the expected results of the course exercises.
- An online chat facility with remote environment sharing to connect you with an expert in our world-class support organization (available Monday to Friday for all hours except between 4pm and 9:30pm US Pacific Time).
In the Virtual Classroom you get:
- Perpetual access to a series of instructional videos and other course collateral
- Free access to new modules as they are added to the course, enabling you to get current on the latest content. (Note: This excludes access to new training courses which Magnitude Software will be providing to facilitate education on dedicated subjects.)
- Introductory information on the Noetix Enterprise Manager components and how they work together
- How to add, modify and suppress columns in the out-of-the-box Noetix views
- Managing view revisions
- Working with Packages, including the Legacy Package
- Working with tables and WHERE clauses
- Adding custom views to the Noetix framework
- Working with Noetix columns (e.g. key and descriptive flexfields, and lookups)
- Using master keys and joins
- Implementing row-level security on custom global views
- Promoting Packages to other NoetixViews environments
- Importing and Exporting view customizations
- Familiarity with NoetixViews for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Basic SQL skills
- Familiarity with the database concept of joins
- Familiarity with your company’s NoetixViews customization requirements
- Familiarity with Oracle E-Business Suite multi-org access control security
- Competency in Oracle E-Business Suite key and descriptive flexfields
Senior System Analyst
"The exercises were helpful and I liked how as you moved through the course they didn't give step by step instructions of what had to be done but instead made you use previous knowledge."
Tucson Electric Power Co.